The Ultrasonic Anemometer 2D is used to detect the horizontal components of wind velocity and wind direction as well as the virtual temperature in 2 dimensions. Ultrasonic anemometers allow the measurement of quickly changing wind parameters thanks to their acoustic measuring principle. Gust- and peak-values are acquired inertia-free with the highest precision.
Output: Output of the measured values can be either digital and / or analogue.
|An RS485/422 is available for serial communication. It can be operated in full or half duplex mode. For output of the measured values there are a number of predefined telegrams or a user-defined telegram (e.g. wind velocity, wind direction, acoustic virtual temperature, standard deviations, covariances, status information, etc.).||Wind velocity and direction as well as acoustic-virtual temperature are output either as a current or voltage signal. Individual measuring range scaling of the analogue outputs for WV and WD are selectable. The analogue outputs can be switched alternatively and individually as analogue voltage inputs (max. 3). These measuring values are output via the serial interface within a user-defined telegram.|
For a multitude of applications the continuous output of reliable measuring data of the wind velocity and direction is an essential requirement to the measuring system, even under meteorological extreme conditions such as icing situations. The Ultrasonic therefore is equipped with a sophisticated heating system. This system keeps all outer surfaces that might disturb the data acquision in case ice formation, efficiently on a temperature above +5°C. The transducer carrying arms belong to the heated outer surfaces, as well as additionally the ultrasonic transducer itself and the housing – depending on the model.
Please take into consideration here, that the weakest link of the chain determines the complete functionality. Instruments heating only a part of the construction, rarely show advantages compared with completely unheated instruments. The Ultrasonic is able to acquire measuring data with high accuracy even in unheated state at temperatures down –40 °C. There is no temperature-depending quality of the measuring data. The heating is necessary only for avoiding ice formation on the instrument construction and the associated blockage of the run time data acquisition.
The heating system avoids effectively an icing formation – depending on the model acc. to our inhouse icing standard THIES STD 012002.
More than 35 different measurement values are available, such as:
- Orthogonal wind velocity vectors (X- and Y-path)
- Scalar wind velocity
- Wind direction
- Acoustic-virtual temperature [°C]
- Acoustic-virtual temperature of the orthogonal measurement path (X- and Y-path) [°C]
- Standard deviation of the vectorial wind velocity (X- and Y-path)
- Standard deviation of the scalar wind velocity
- Standard deviation of the wind direction
- Standard deviation of the acoustic-virtual temperature
- Wind velocity of the gust acc. to WMO
- Wind direction of the gust acc. to WMO
- Measurement in Burst mode with trigger via plug PIN and recording of an analogue input value.
- More measuring values please refer to chapter 126.96.36.199 (measurement values and data formats available)
The instrument is especially suited for application in the fields of
- Regenerative energy, wind power plants
- Traffic engineering, aviation and navigation
- Reconstruction of pollutant dispersal
- Wind alarm devices, building construction and building safety
- Indoor flow measurement
- And in alpine field of application
- As acoustic thermometer