Notable features include:
• Simplicity and reliability
• Multiple mounting options
• Easy to maintain and simple to clean with a removable funnel sieve/sift
• Robust and impact resistant funnel and housing
• Errors from non-level mounting are minimized with the self-balancing design
• Easy adjustment and recalibration of internal measuring mechanism
• Protection of measuring mechanism from contact during wire connections
• High-speed (0.13 s) self-emptying mechanism for high precipitation rate accuracy
• High-dynamic range up to 10 mm/minute (50 tips/minute) rain rates
• Bird-spikes are available. Leaf fence is not required due to self-cleaning funnel.
• Low-profile funnel for easy cleaning with a sharp edge for accuracy
Self-balancing, self-emptying magnetic tipping bucket technology to ensure uninterrupted measurement of precipitation regardless of amount and intensity.
It measures rain by means of a standardized orifice funnel which collects water into the precision measuring mechanism. The mechanism offers more consistent long-term response than any other standard tipping-bucket rain gauge.
Rain gauges are individually tested and use high quality sealed reed switches. Electronics are protected against salt spray, water, frost and heat by a weather-‐resistant coating.