WS100 Radar Precipitation Sensor / Smart Disdrometer
The Lufft WS100 is our rain sensor with radar technology and adjustable heating. Using a 24-GHz Doppler radar, it measures the speed of all forms of condensed water. These include rain, freezing rain, hail, snow, and sleet. The low-energy sensor detects precipitation from the first drop. Its possible uses are nearly unlimited. Whether in hydrology and water management, agricultural and environmental science, building automation, meteorology, or airport and traffic control: the rain gauge measures rain almost anywhere in the world.
Product Advantages of the Lufft WS100 Radar Precipitation Sensor
Absolutely maintenance-free and low-energy 24-hour operation
- Maintenance-free operation through ingenious technology without any moving parts
- Energy-saving sensor thanks to the improved ECO mode (0.4 VA).
- Extended heating capacity allows operation in summer as well as in winter.
- Improved heating power with lower power consumption: sensor heating integrated directly on the dome wall
- Lower power consumption with 9 VA heating.
- Very long service life and high operational reliability are due to high-quality components.
Every second counts: Precise precipitation measurement from the first drop
- Extremely fast measurement from the first raindrop
- Detection of precipitation and rainfall (rain, freezing rain, hail, snow, and sleet)
- Detection of drop size (0.3–5 mm)
- Differentiation between 11 classifications of drop sizes
- Rain intensity is measured with a sensor with a resolution of 0.01 mm.
- Improved measurement accuracy thanks to a patented self-developed radar module
Precision sensor with radar technology designed for all industrial needs
- Precipitation sensor with radar technology: 24 GHz Doppler radar
- Designed for weather-critical operations and operation efficiency: traffic, rail, renewables, building management, air quality.
- Particularly suitable for places or areas that are difficult to access due to being maintenance-free.
- No maintenance or calibration; no additional hidden costs
Designed for all common data loggers and data acquisition systems
- Multiple and simultaneous interfaces for data output and communication
- SDI-12 and RS-485 Modbus for reliable data transmission
Application and features of WS100 Radar Precipitation Sensor / Smart Disdrometer:
✅ Water management
✅ Environmental science
✅ Building automation
✅ Meteorology or airport
✅ Traffic control
|✅ Absolutely maintenance-free
✅ Extremely fast measurement of precipitation type (Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, hail) and intensity
✅ The smart radar rain sensor
✅ Present weather detector