Wireless MeteoRain™ IoT Compact features a self-balancing measuring mechanism with very high repeatability of measurement and accuracy even in high-rain rates. Highly resistant to soiling of the internal measuring mechanism, mechanical friction, and residual water remaining in the measuring spoon from last rain event. Additionally,
MeteoRain® offers high resistance to vibrations and non-level mounting.
Notable features include:
• Measures rain amount, rain intensity, and sends a frost warning at 2°C
• No solar panel required
• 4+ years of battery life with 10 minute sending interval of data when raining
• Robust stainless steel mount with multiple mounting options
• Simple and highly reliable measuring principle and electronics
• Easy to maintain and simple to clean with a removable funnel sieve/sift
• Robust and impact resistant funnel and housing
• Effect of non-level mounting is minimized with this self-balancing design
• Easy adjustment and recalibration of internal measuring mechanism
• High-speed (0.13 s) self-emptying mechanism for high precipitation rate accuracy
• High-dynamic range up to 10 mm/minute (50 tips/minute) rain rates
• Bird-spikes are available. Leaf fence is not required due to self-cleaning funnel.
• Low-profile funnel for easy cleaning with a sharp edge for accuracy.
Self-balancing, self-emptying magnetic tipping bucket technology to ensure uninterrupted measurement of precipitation regardless of amount and intensity.
It measures rain by means of a standardized orifice funnel which collects water into the precision measuring mechanism. The mechanism offers more consistent long-term response than standard tipping-bucket rain gauges and is accurate even in high rain rates.