RC18 PV Reference Cell:
The Atonometrics PV Reference Cell provides high accuracy outdoor solar irradiance measurements for long-term PV system monitoring.
The solar reference cell unit includes an encapsulated silicon cell mounted in a sealed aluminum housing. An integrated Pt-100 RTD provides cell temperature measurement. Our cells include digital and/or analog outputs.
Spectral response matching to specific PV technologies such as CdTe are available.
Designed for PV System Monitoring
Specifically designed for low-cost, high-accuracy solar irradiance measurements for outdoor monitoring of PV systems
Digital and Analog Outputs
- A single, versatile product with both digital and analog outputs.
- Digital communication uses Modbus over RS485
- Two analogue outputs, user-configurable to 0-1.5V, 0-10V, or 4-20 mA
- Analog output options include irradiance, short-circuit current, and temperature. Specifically designed for low-cost, high-accuracy solar irradiance measurements for outdoor monitoring of PV systems
No Need to Track Calibration Data
When you install or replace a reference cell, you never have to track calibration data or reprogram data loggers or SCADA systems, and measurements are performed by a precision microcontroller circuit.
- A crystalline silicon PV cell and short-circuit current measured with a precision shunt resistor.
- Cell temperature measured with an RTD
- Automatic temperature compensation as well as optional temperature output
Robust Mechanical Construction
- The IP67-rated cast aluminium enclosure provides protection from the elements and solid mounting. Optional Spectral Matching Filter
- Solar low-iron glass is standard; optional CdTe-matching window material is connectorized for easy installation.
- The M12 circular connector allows for simple installation, user-selectable cable lengths, and easy recalibration.
Optional Spectral Matching Filter
• Standard window is solar low-iron glass
• Optional CdTe-matching window material
Connectorized for Easy Installation
M12 circular connector allows for easy installation, user-selectable cable lengths, and simple changeout for recalibration
Application and features of RC18 PV Reference Cell:
|✅ Solar resource assessment
✅ Monitoring Meteorological studies
✅ Environmental monitoring
|✅ Designed for PV System Monitoring
✅ Digital and Analog Outputs
✅ No Need to Track Calibration Data
✅ Cell Design
✅ Robust Mechanical Construction